These large concrete blocks were once supports for The Tuckerton Wireless…..a large (865 feet tall, 20 feet wide) tower which was built in Germany and assembled on Hickory Island, in Mystic Island. Supposedly the tower was used against us during WWI to radio our secrets to Germany. It was taken down in 1955.
There are supposed to be 3 large blocks, although we only found 2. People have built right around the blocks. The first one can be found right at the beginning of a street; the second is sitting right in a new house’s backyard.
Thanks to the Little Egg Harbor Township Schools’ site for some of the info.
Popularity: 13% [?]